Jesse Kalter is a Practiced DUI Attorney That Knows How to Fight for Your Freedom
The stress associated with a DUI is overwhelming. An experienced DUI attorney can see you through this troubling time. There is no such thing as a slap on the wrist in Nevada when it comes to DUI charges. Someone charged with a drinking DUI or a marijuana DUI, or DWI, can face heavy fines, loss of their license, and even jail time.
In Nevada “Driving Under The Influence” means operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs to a degree that renders one unable to safely drive a vehicle in public. These vehicles include cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, and mopeds. It is not necessary to be “drunk” to get convicted of a DUI in Nevada. Hiring the right Reno DUI attorney is crucial to having the best DUI defense.
As a DUI Attorney Jesse Kalter Has Gotten Countless DUIs Dismissed or Reduced
Jesse Kalter Law has handled well over a thousand DUI cases. With any DUI charge, an effective and aggressive DUI defense lawyer is necessary to protect freedom and continue with daily life. Their team has the understanding and knowledge of the law to help with a DUI.
Possible Defenses for a DUI:
- No Probable Cause–The prosecution will have to prove there was enough probable cause to pull over the driver unless the stop is part of a DUI checkpoint.
- Faulty Testing Equipment–If it can be proven that test equipment was faulty then there may be reasonable doubt.
- Margin of Error of the Test Results – There is a certain margin of error associated with each DUI roadside test.
- Not on a Public Roadway – If the arrest did not happen on a public roadway then it can be proven that the arresting officer was not within his right to arrest anyone.
A person needs to act fast if they want to keep their license. Getting in touch with a DUI attorney is crucial to the outcome of your case.
Penalties for a Nevada DUI
- First Offense DUI/Misdemeanor DUI- After being convicted of a first offense DUI a person can serve up to six months in jail and pay up to $1,000 in fines. There is also mandatory alcohol awareness programs and a loss of license for 90 days.
- Second DUI Charge- Once convicted of a second DUI someone can serve ten days to six months in jail and pay up to $1,000 in fines. Their license is suspended for a year and an ignition interlock device may be installed in their vehicle for three years, and there is a mandatory alcohol dependency evaluation.
- Felony DUI Charges– Someone can be charged with a felony DUI charge for three reasons. They have had two prior DUI convictions in the last seven years, or they have hurt or killed someone in a DUI crash, or already had a prior felony DUI conviction. The penalties associated with a third offense is up to six years in prison and up to $5,000 in fines. If the DUI caused death/substantial bodily harm, then it’s a two to 20 year prison sentence. If a person already had prior felony DUI, then they can serve two to 15 years.
Jesse Kalter Law is More Than an Experienced DUI Attorney
Jesse Kalter is a practiced criminal defense lawyer with an exceptional track record. His law firm works with all kinds of cases across multiple areas of the law. He is an experienced domestic violence lawyer and records expungement lawyer. He is also available to assist with drug crimes and drug possession charges, sexual assault and lewdness charges, fraud/theft crimes, and homicide and murder charges. Jesse Kalter Law has successfully gotten hundreds of cases dismissed or reduced sentences through a deep understanding of the law and a tenacious pursuit of justice. He is available to serve Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Fallon, Fernley, Dayton, Yerington, Douglas County and all other Northern NV rural counties.
A DUI Attorney and Criminal Defense Attorney Ready to Fight for Justice
Contact Jesse Kalter Today for a Free Confidential Case Evaluation and Consultation
CLICK HERE to Contact Him Online or Call 775-331-3888
WHAT’S YOUR FREEDOM WORTH?®