If You're Arrested for Sexual Assault Charges It Doesn’t Mean You're Guilty
The stigma of being labeled a sexual offender can be a lifelong result of sexual assault charges. Sexual assault or “rape,” is the second most serious crime a person can commit in the state of Nevada next to homicide. If convicted, a person can face a lifelong prison term, and if they get paroled they are required to register as a sex offender for the rest of their life. These kinds of sexual assault convictions make it difficult to gain employment and lead a normal life.
Jesse Kalter knows the law and believes that everyone deserves effective counsel no matter what the alleged offense may be. Contacting an experienced sexual assault attorney as soon as possible after being accused of sexual assault is the best way to get a favorable outcome. This allows the evidence to be evaluated and witnesses to be questioned before it’s too late. Sexual assault charges and all other sex crimes are taken very seriously by law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys. They will do whatever it takes to make sure that those charged face the strictest possible penalties.
Jesse Kalter Has the Experience to Defend Multiple Kinds of Sex Crimes and Sexual Assualt
Sexual assault is defined under NRS 200.366 and that regulation states that sexual assault occurs when a person “subjects another person to sexual penetration, or who forces another person to make a sexual penetration on himself or herself or another, or on a beast, against the will of the victim or under conditions in which the perpetrator knows or should know that the victim is mentally or physically incapable of resisting or understanding the nature of his or her conduct.”
Essentially, it is illegal to have sex with someone if the sexual act is performed against the victim’s will, or the attacker knew, or should have known, the victim lacked the capacity to say no or were unable to understand what was happening. This would apply when the victim was drunk, drugged, or passed out.
Some Common Sexual Charges Include:
- Sexual Assault/Sexual Battery/Rape
- Statutory Sexual Seduction
- Child Molestation/Lewdness
- Indecent Exposure
- Sexual Misconduct Between Teacher and Student
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Online Solicitation of a Minor/Internet Crimes Against Children
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Open and Gross Lewdness
Penalties for Sexual Assault Vary Based on the Age and Harm to the Victim:
- If Victim is 16+: When convicted this charge carries life in prison with the possibility of parole after ten years. If there is substantial bodily harm there is the possibility of life in prison with no parole or life in prison with the possibility of parole after fifteen years.
- If Victim is 14 or 15: When convicted this charge carries life in prison with the possibility of parole after twenty-five years. If there is substantial bodily harm to the victim there is the possibility of life in prison with no parole.
- If the Victim is 14 and Younger: When convicted, this charge carries life in prison with the possibility of parole after thirty-five years. If there is substantial bodily harm to the victim there is the possibility of life in prison with no parole.
More severe penalties exist if someone charged with sexual assault charges has prior convictions.
Jesse Kalter has Successfully Defended Many Sexual Assault Charges Including in Jury Trial
Jesse Kalter Law has had these terrible charges dismissed for clients and has received multiple “not guilty” jury verdicts for wrongful accusations of sexual assault and other sexual charges. His law firm has worked with all kinds of cases across multiple areas of the law. He is an experienced DUI attorney, domestic violence lawyer, and records expungement lawyer. He is also available to assist with theft charges, fraud crimes, and homicide and murder charges. He is available to serve Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Fallon, Fernley, Dayton, Yerington, Douglas County, and all other Northern NV rural counties.
A Seasoned Reno Defense Attorney with the Knowledge to Challenge Sexual Assault Charges
Contact Jesse Kalter Today for a Confidential Case Evaluation and Consultation
CLICK HERE to Contact Him Online or Call 775-331-3888
WHAT’S YOUR FREEDOM WORTH?®