Nevada Crimes that Can’t be Sealed Include Crimes Against Children, Sex Crimes, and
Felony Drunk Driving
Record sealing in Nevada is the legal act of permanently closing your criminal record. It will not be visible to the public or to law enforcement. As a result, you are free to report on a job application, or background check, that you have not been convicted of that crime. This is the equivalent of a record expungement. However, the state of Nevada does not offer expungement (this would mean that the records are destroyed). The state of Nevada does not destroy records, but rather seals them. However, there are several crimes that can’t be sealed. Due to the nature of the crime, or the victim involved, the state of Nevada has listed out several crimes that can’t be sealed.
The Following is a List of Nevada Crimes that Can’t be Sealed
Crimes Against Children (Persons under the age of 18)
If you have been convicted of any of the following crimes, or been convicted of attempting any of these crimes, your record is not eligible to be sealed.
• Kidnapping (unless you are the child’s parent or guardian)
• False Imprisonment (unless you are the child’s parent or guardian)
• Involuntary Servitude (unless you are the child’s parent or guardian)
• Child Sex Trafficking
• Child Prostitution
If you have been convicted of any of the following crimes or been convicted of attempting any of these crimes, your record is not eligible to be sealed.
• Sexual Assault (of any person of any age)
• Sexual Abuse of a Child
• Open or Gross Lewdness (if punishable as a felony)
• Lewdness with a Child
• Indecent Exposure (if punishable as a felony)
• Statutory Sexual Seduction
• Battery with Intent to Commit Sexual Assault (upon any person of any age)
• Child Pornography
• Necrophilia (sexual penetration of a human corpse)
• Luring a Child or Person with a Mental Illness (if punishable as a felony)
• Administering Controlled Substances to a Person (to enable them to commit one of the crimes on this list)
• Sexual Conduct Between Certain School Employees of Volunteers and a Pupil
• Sexual Conduct Between Certain College of University Employees and a Student
Felony Drunk Driving or Drugged Driving
You must be convicted of one of the following crimes to be ineligible for record sealing.
• Third DUI in Seven Years
• DUI that Resulted in Substantial Bodily Injury or Death
• Any other DUI Conviction That is a Felony
Invasion of the Home with a Deadly Weapon Pursuant to NRS 205.067
A home invasion occurs when a person forces their way into another person’s home, whether the homeowner is there or not. If you are caught invading another person’s home and you are in possession of a deadly weapon, then your record cannot be sealed. According to NRS205.067, it doesn’t matter whether the homeowner was home or not.
Is There an Appeals Process for Nevada Crimes that Can’t be Sealed?
There is no legal process to appeal record sealing for any of the crimes listed above. However, if you have been charged with a crime that cannot be sealed and then it gets dismissed, you can pursue a record sealing petition immediately.
Jesse Kalter has Sealed Countless Nevada Criminal Records
Sealing your record is a lengthy and involved process. If you don’t follow protocols correctly, your petition can be denied, and you will have to wait two years from the date of the denial of the previous petition before reapplying. Consulting with an experienced record sealing attorney is the best way to simplify this process. Jesse Kalter can ensure that everything will be filled out correctly the first time. He has helped countless Nevadans seal their records efficiently, discreetly, and permanently. He is available to serve the people of Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Fallon, Fernley, Dayton, Yerington, Douglas County, and all other Northern NV rural counties.
You Still Have a Chance to Defend Against Nevada Crimes that Can’t be Sealed
Contact Jesse Kalter Today for a Confidential Case Evaluation and Consultation
CLICK HERE to Contact Him Online or Call 775-331-3888
WHAT’S YOUR FREEDOM WORTH?®